An important caution: Cold/freezing/frozen water presents obvious and not-so-obvious dangers and is risky at any depth to people of any age, mobility, or health status. You must – MUST – exercise caution and personal responsibility in your Virtual Plunge activities! LETR Ontario and Special Olympics Ontario cannot identify or control the risks of every Virtual Plunge activity and has not endorsed or approved as safe any particular Virtual Plunge activity.
Be smart, be safe, and be careful – for you and all who join you in your Virtual Plunge activity. In whatever form your Virtual Plunge takes, follow all applicable water (and freezing water) safety and COVID-19 protocols. Have fun with it; but above all, BE SAFE.
Please be safe and responsible while taking the Plunge!
Here are some Dos and Don’ts for the Virtual Polar Plunge:
- Plunge within your comfort zone
- Follow ALL social distancing and public health guidelines
- Get Creative!
- Share your Plunge video on social media; be sure to use #PlungeON for the chance to win!
- Have FUN!
- Do not attempt to Plunge into a lake, river or any other body of water
- Do not do anything that could cause physical harm to yourself or others
- Do not stay in cold water for too long – make sure you are prepared with a dry towel and clothes for after you Plunge!